Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Wired Family

After reading the article "Wired Family," I realize how dependent our society has become on technology. I would have to say that my family is a balance between too wired and not wired enough. Although everyone in my family has a cell phone and we have 3 laptops (including my brothers laptop for college and my moms work laptop) and one home computer, we know know when there is a time for technology and when there is not. For example, at the dinner table it is common for my brother and I to get yelled at for sending text messages. After we get in trouble we then realize that eating dinner is family time, not texting time. Another example is on vacation, my parents both shut off their laptops and blackberries because they realize that vacation is a time for family, friends, and fun. Although in daily life, I think it is hard to resist the temptations of technology because it makes life a little easier to communicate through email, texts, calls, etc. I think my family does rely on technology a lot, like my mom who has a cellphone, a blackberry, and a laptop for work, but I think my family has a good balance on when to use technology and when to not use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment